Princes Park Touch has grown to become the biggest and most successful competition in Victoria.
We run on Wednesday and (now) Thursday nights over summer and cater for the social touch player.
All Wednesdays division are mixed, with Thursdays offering mixed, mens and womens competition. Our Wednesdays and Thursday mixed D and E divisions are ideally suited for beginner teams.
Grading is decided on ability, the first two rounds are used to assess team grading and further regrading is done to ensure even competition across our grades.
We have excellent facilities and after running up a sweat, players then socialise over a couple of drinks at the barbeque located next to the fields or in the beer garden at the Great Northern Hotel (our sponsors). Indicative details of the 2019-20 season are:
Location: Princes Park, Carlton
- Wednesday – Social mixed: Social A, B, C, D, and E.
- Thursday – Social mixed (Social C, D, and E ), social mens, and social womens
All mixed grades will have restrictions on representative players to ensure they are social in nature.
Touch football is played six aside plus substitutes. Mixed is 3 females and 3 males, on the field.
The competition runs for 15 weeks in a Round Robin format with 2 weeks of finals for all teams. Matches will consist of 2 X 20 min halves with a 5-minute break. Modified TFA rules will apply. All teams get at least 13 games (the longest season in Melbourne).
The total team registration fees is $1350 for the season (this is all inclusive and includes insurance for all players). This is split into a deposit of 500 (this is required before the first game), and a residual of $850 required by week 3.
The Princes Park difference
- Excellent fields: All our fields are in good condition and we have access to them for the entire Summer season.
- Full length games and season: Except for the first two weeks of the season all games are full length (2*20 minutes) and the season is a minimum of 13 games for all teams (this is the longest season in Melbourne). Summer season runs from late October through to late February (with a break around Christmas).
- Social Atmosphere: At PPT we cater for the social touch player. We like to keep it fair and fun.
- Grading: We conduct grading over the first two weeks of the season and regrade throughout the season where appropriate to ensure all team are closely matched.
- No late games: Games are 50 minutes long and start at 6:00, 6:50, and 7:40 (in December and January we start 15 minutes later so 6:15, 7:05, 7:55).
- Heart of Melbourne: PPT is located centrally with great parking and access to public transport.
The key information about our Summer competition and what makes Princes Park Touch special https://princesparktouch.com/b/1M