Princes Park Touch has grown to become the biggest single night competition in Victoria.
We run on Wednesday nights over summer and cater for the social touch player.
All divisions are mixed which suits our social atmosphere, with our mixed D1 and D2 divisions ideally suited for beginner teams. Grading is decided on ability, the first two rounds are used to assess team grading and further regrading is done to ensure even competition across our grades.
We have excellent facilities and after running up a sweat, players then socialise over a couple of drinks at the barbeque located next to the fields or in the beer garden at the Great Northern Hotel (our sponsors).
Indicative details of the 2016-17 season are:
Location: Princes Park, Carlton
Season 2016/17: is due to start on the 19th of October.
Only Mixed: Social A, B, C, and Social D (D1 and D2) 3 males and 3 females.
The total team fees including insurance are $1,290
This is split between a deposit of $490 (before the first game) and a residual of 800 payable before week 3.
The competition runs for 16 weeks in a Round Robin format with 2 weeks of finals for all teams. Matches will consist of 2 X 20 min halves with a 5-minute break. Modified TFA rules will apply. All teams get at least 14 games (the longest season in Melbourne)
The Princes Park difference
- Excellent fields: All our fields are in good condition and we have access to them for the entire Summer season.
- Full length games and season: Except for the first two weeks of the season all games are full length (2*20 minutes) and the season is a minimum of 14 games for all teams (this is the longest season in Melbourne).
- Social Atmosphere: At PPT we cater for the social touch player. We like to keep it fair and fun.
- Grading: We conduct grading over the first two weeks of the season and regrade throughout the season where appropriate to ensure all team are closely matched.
- No late games: Games are at 6:00, 6:50, and 7:40 (there are no 9 PM games).
- Heart of Melbourne: PPT is located centrally with great parking and access to public transport.