Princes Park Touch is a non-profit organisation devoted to touch football.
Our motto is “Social touch in Melbourne’s heart” and we intend to be the best social sporting organisation in Autralia. We do this by providing the opportunity to learn the sport through our training programs, play in our weekly social competiton, an atmosphere to socialise, and a pathway to take the sport further through our refereeing and representative programs.
All regular participants must be members and the requirements for membership are simply that you support our aims which are:
To further touch football and other social sports for juniors and adults in the City of Melbourne and adjoining area
Doing the right thing is our expectation, as such all playing members are expected to have read the below FAQ as it outlines their resposibilities as players an answers most of the questions they may have.
- What if my team may not have enough players?
- At PPT we go the extra mile to ensure all teams are healthy and all games go ahead each week. But for for this to work it is also the responsibility of teams to work with the committee. To this end is is esential that:
- If at any point before the season starts or during the season your teams numbers are low, your captain should let us know and we can usually allocate additional players
- Do their best to be available to play touch
- Advise their captain as soon as possible if they are unavailable.
- If the team is low on numbers the captain should advise the comittee as soon as possible.
- Advise if it is possible to find additional players so that a match can go ahead
- If it is possible your available team members should show up and additional players will be allocated
- If not possible we will let you know, you should then advise your team the game is off and we will advise the other team.
At PPT we go the extra mile to ensure all teams are healthy and all games go ahead each week. But for for this to work it is also... https://princesparktouch.com/b/1aT
- What shoes are acceptable
Runners or any type of flat soled shoe are always fine. Shoes with small molded ridges or dimples are also acceptabe.
Rugby boots, longer bladed shoes, long studs, screw in stud, or any type of metal spike or stud cannot be worn.
- What if I am injured playing or refereeing at PPT?
PPT is covered by the same insurance policy that covers all affiliate touch comps Australia wide under the auspices of the national body. Details of the forms and process are at the following link.
If you have sustained an injury playing at our competition a member of our committee will sign your injury report and send you through a copy of the sign on sheet to accompany your application. Best wishes on a speedy recovery and getting back on the field. A copy of of our current certificate of currency (coc) is available here: princes_park_tfa-coc
PPT is covered by the same insurance policy that covers all affiliate touch comps Australia wide under the auspices of the national... https://princesparktouch.com/b/1aP
- What is your weather policy?
Touch is an all weather sport and is played in all conditons.
Games are only cancelled or postponed if we consider conditions dangerous. The two primary reasons being:
- Lightning in the imminent area such that it may strike competitors. This will generally be judged on the night and if lightning is imminent games will be temporarily be halted until it clears.
- Extreme heat, which we interpret as temperatures forecast to be above 36 degrees at game time. This will be based on the forecast temperature for the time the game is scheduled to kickoff, if a time slot(s) is called off the website will be updated by 4 PM on game day (we will also try to email captains).
This information will always appear on the website first. Therefore if there is nothing on the website then games are going ahead. Please do not call or email just check the website.
Unlike other competitions that often cancel rounds (making the season shorter) we prefer (providing conditions are safe) to leave the decision in the hands of our players. As such we have only ever cancelled one round (due to extreme heat)
Touch is an all weather sport and is played in all conditons.Games are only cancelled or postponed if we consider conditions dangerous... https://princesparktouch.com/b/1aG
- What is your policy regarding uniforms?
Teams are required to be uniformed in similarly coloured tops. Any colour is okay except predominanty white uniforms (as that colour is used by our referees), white and another colour is okay.
A team is considered in uniform if that a team is clothed in tops of a similar colour. The tops do not need to be identical but they do need to be close enough in colour and design that the referee can tell players are on the same team.
From week 3 there is an additional requirement for unique numbers on the back of each uniform, numbers can be drawn but they must be legible to the referee.
Teams not in uniform may be penalised in the form of tries per player not in uniform awarded to the non offending team (up to a maximum of 3 tries), note referees should do this be done before the game starts (or when the non uniformed player enters the game).
Teams are required to be uniformed in similarly coloured tops. Any colour is okay except predominanty white uniforms (as that... https://princesparktouch.com/b/1aL
- Why do I need to sign on?
Players should always sign on before games, for three reasons
- All regular players and referees must be members of Princes Park Touch Association, signing on verifies this
- Signing on ensures players are covered by our insurance.
- Singing on serves as record of the games you have players for finals eligibility.
Players should always sign on before games, for three reasons All regular players and referees must be members of Princes Park... https://princesparktouch.com/b/1qe
- How is the season structured?
At PPT our specialty is social touch so we emphasise even competition. As such we run grading differently to most sporting competitions.
Our season usually works like this:
- The first two weeks are grading rounds, these games are to ascertain the the standard of our teams and the results do not count towards final positions.
- At week 3 we set grades, but they are not finalised. Through to week 9 (the start of the Christmas break) your team will have a grade and your teams results counts towards your final ladder position, but fixtures are based on matching the standard of competition and teams will be moved between grades every two weeks (depending on their results)
- Around half way through the season (usually week 9) grades are finalised, fixtures are published through to the end of the regular season, and the run to finals begins.
- Our last two weeks (usually weeks 15 and 16) are finals. This will usually be structure as 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. In order to play finals, players must have played 4 games during the regular season or grading, or have an exemption from the committee. Most importantly teams missing out on finals still play friendly matches, so if you miss finals you still play in weeks 15 and 16.
At PPT our specialty is social touch so we emphasise even competition. As such we run grading differently to most sporting competitions. Our... https://princesparktouch.com/b/2Hg
- What if I want to know more?
The source of truth for our association is the website, all relevant information should be on the website and all new information will always appear there first. So anything you want to know please check the website before communicating with us.
If you do need to contact us the best method for anything non (or even semi) urgent is our email: firstname.lastname@example.org, we check it every day and it will be seen by appropriate person. For anything urgent, like potential forfeits, or if you with to discuss anything please call us directly:
- Peter Shaw (Mob) 0414 315 957
- Brad Chant (Mob) 0400 070 077
The source of truth for our association is the website, all relevant information should be on the website and all new information... https://princesparktouch.com/b/3BG
- Peter Shaw (Mob) 0414 315 957
Apart from registering our players with Touch Football Australia (our sports governing body). Princes Park Touch will never pass on the details of its memberships to any third party without the members permission.
All regular players at PPT mut be members and this is the information they need to know. https://princesparktouch.com/b/2GB