In 2020 Princes Park Touch plan to run a 6 week mixed junior touch program for boys and girls in years 7-9. The program will run for 6 weeks and will progress in terms of competition.
I will be presented by experinced coaches/referees with a backround in education and junior coaching and will be run under the auspices of an approved COVID “return to play” plan.
The location of the program will be Princes Park, Parkville and it will run from 4:30PM to 6PM. The preliminary dates are detailed below, they are in line with the approvals for sport under the current Victorian Roadmap, but if the targets are not met then the dates will be amended:
- Week 1 – Wednesday the 04th of November – Come and try/pre season night. Informal games, individual sign up, and coaching.
- Week 2 – Wednesday the 11th of November – Grading. Team formation and games to determine team level.
- Week 3 – Wednesday the 18th of November – Formal competition. Formal games
- Week 4 – Wednesday the 25th of November – Formal competition. Formal games
- Week 5 – Wednesday the 02nd of December – Formal competition. Formal games
- Week 6 – Wednesday the 09th of December – Formal competition and finals. All teams play, including finals and a short presentation
The cost for the program will be $30.00 per individual or $250 if a complete team enters. This is all inclusive and covers coaching refereeing, equipment, insurance etc, and uniforms.
To find out more please contact Pete.
To enter a team or nominate as an individual please, click below:
More Information on touch
- Rules- https://touchfootball.com.au/volunteer/8th-edition-rules/
- View some footgage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vQciY-wrU & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QHciWXOIcw
- Information abot Touch Football for Juniors: https://touchfootball.com.au/play/junior/
All presenters are qualified as referees and coaches, and have current working with children accreditation.
Robert teaches at Princes Hill Secondary College. Outside of family life, Rob is a keen sports lover playing futsal, basketball, and touch. He is a senior referee and long time player at Princes Park Touch.