just a heads up on a few things as we head into the last three weeks of our comp.
This week brings us to week 14. For teams in C through to F grade this is the last regular season round and for most teams teams in A/B grade it is the start of finals.
The key points to understand are:
- If you are playing in A/B grade and your team name is in bold your are either playing in a B grade quarter final or the 4 v 5 playoff. The finals structure is explained on the season draw page here. All other teams are playing in the final round of regular league games.
- All grades are very close with about 80% of teams able to make the top four coming into the last regular season round.
- Win or lose this is NOT the end of the season, all teams play through to the end of the season.
- We will be conducting all finals on fields 1 and 2 this season, which has no lights so there will not be extra time in finals (higher placed team goes through). Kickoffs on those fields are now earlier than on fields 3-6 for the same reason.
- All Teams play this week and all teams will also play in our final week (16).
- Due to an uneven number of teams in some grades> in order for everyone to have a game this week I have scheduled a few games across grades. In all cases the results of these games cannot effect ladder position for finals.
Now a question for you guys. Given finals will be conducted on fields 1-2 I am wondering if you have any suggestions around where we should conduct presentations? Our current sponsor (the sporting club) has mixed reviews and is even further away from Walker Oval. Any feedback is appreciated.
Finally apologies for not publishing a full season draw at the beginning of 2015. I has been difficult to get a straight answer from the council around what fields we would have available and when so I was reluctant to publish anything more than two weeks ahead.