Touch is an all weather sport and is played in all conditons.
Games are only cancelled or postponed if we consider conditions dangerous. The two primary reasons being:
- Lightning in the imminent area such that it may strike competitors. This will generally be judged on the night and if lightning is imminent games will be temporarily be halted until it clears.
- Extreme heat or air pollution. That being temperatures forecast to be clearly above 36 degrees or an air quality index forecast to be above 150. This will be based on the forecast for the time the game is scheduled to kickoff, and will be assessed thoughout the day of competition and will be posted by 4 PM.
This information will always appear on the website first (we will also try to email captains). Therefore if there is nothing on the website by 4PM then games are going ahead. Please do not call or email just check the website.
Unlike other competitions that often cancel rounds (making the season shorter) we prefer to play (when safe). As such we have only ever cancelled two rounds.