At PPT we go the extra mile to ensure all teams are healthy and all games go ahead each week. But for for this to work teams must commit to the season, communicate and co-operate with the committee should issues occur. This is the responsibility of both players and captains.
Players within a team are expected to:
- Do their best to be available to play touch every week
- Advise their captain as soon as possible if they are unavailable.
- If they are available, then be there to play even if team numbers are low.
Team captains are expected to:
- Advise the committee as soon as possible if the team numbers are low, captains should never forfeit games, the committee decides if games are going ahead.
The committee will then
- Find additional players (if possible) so that the match can go ahead (this is almost always the case)
- If it is not possible to find additional players (this is very rare) the committee will advise both teams that the game is off.
Captains should also be proactive, if the team is hit by injuries etc then let us know as we generally have a long list of players looking to get involved so we can send you additional permanent players
The key is to communicate often and early and be there to be there if you are available. Last minute emails or worse a no show are not acceptable. Teams that fail to comply will be removed from competition and banned from all future PPT events. As it unfair to other members.