Princes Park Touch is a touch football community.
To further our community we have a requirement that teams that play with us, contribute to our organisation in some way. The usual method to provide a referee or have a referee on the team, but we are flexible and open to suggestions of other contributions. Please note:
- We are not after free labour, in most cases the volunteer will be paid
- This is not a tick a box exercise, we expect a genuine contribution.
As mentioned the best way is to have a referee on the team or to qualify a referee over the season.
Contributing as a referee
The commitment on the part of that referee is flexible, they will be paid for any games they referee (even as a trainee), if they do the course it will be at a time convenient to them and we will pay for that course.
We look after our referees both through paying above badge rates and through the weekly drinks and BBQ and have good referee numbers. However, we have found that teams that have a referee on the team understand our social spirit improves the player, we also want to build refereeing depth, and believe that teams should give something back to the sport.
More info here:
This policy is about ensuring a healthy number for volunteers and about building links with teams and so they participate in the social aspects that our organisation is primarily about.
- This requirement is not enforced every season.
- We generally waive brand new teams from this requirement.
- We excuse teams from this requirement, if they joined before our 2018 season (when we introduced this rule) and have played continuously since then.