In Summer 2020-21 season we plan to start in line with the current roadmap.
We have now started our Junior and SWITCH programs and will start senior competition during the last step.
- Our Wednesday mixed social competition is scheduled for Wednesday the 25th of November. This will be one of gthe first contact sports to begin in Melbourne.
- Our Thursday mixed social and mens social competitons are scheduled for Thursday the 02nd of December. Our Thursday social womens comepition will start slightly later and will be in a short format like last Summer
These dates are expected and likely but are subject the roadmap.
Princes Park Touch has grown to become the biggest and most successful competition in Victoria.
We run on Wednesday and Thursday nights over summer and cater for the social touch player.
All Wednesdays division are mixed, with Thursdays offering mixed, mens and womens competition. Our Wednesdays and Thursday mixed D and E divisions are ideally suited for beginner teams.
Grading is decided on ability, the first two rounds are used to assess team grading and further regrading is done to ensure even competition across our grades.
We have excellent facilities and after running up a sweat, players then socialise over a couple of drinks at the barbeque located next to the fields or in the beer garden at the Great Northern Hotel (our sponsors). Indicative details of the 2019-20 season are:
Location: Princes Park, Carlton
- Wednesday – Social mixed: Social A, B, C, D, and E.
- Thursday – Social mixed (Social C, D, and E ), social mens, and social womens
All mixed grades will have restrictions on representative players to ensure they are social in nature.
Touch football is played six aside plus substitutes. Mixed is 3 females and 3 males, on the field.
Matches will consist of 2 X 20 min halves with a 5-minute break. Modified TFV rules will apply.
The competition would normally run for 15 weeks (13-14 games per team) in a Round Robin format with 2 weeks of finals for all teams. This season will slightly shorter due to COVID.
The total team registration fee for senior mixed and mens are:
- Wednesdays: $1250
- Thursdays: $1150
These are slightly lesss than our normal fees, baiscally adjusted on a pro rata basis because our Wednesday season will be one week shorter than normal and Thursday two weeks. Normally teams get 13-14 in their season but this season is shorter due to the covid late start.
This is split into a deposit of $500 (this is required before the first game), and a residual required by week 3.
Other specialist compettions such as womens or juniors have different costs.
All competitions will have a short break over Christmas and will be finished by early March.
The Princes Park difference
- Excellent fields: All our fields are in good condition and we have access to them for the entire Summer season.
- Full length games and season: Except for the first two weeks of the season all games are full length (2*20 minutes) and the season is a minimum of 13 games for all teams (this is the longest season in Melbourne). Summer season runs from late October through to late February (with a break around Christmas).
- Social Atmosphere: At PPT we cater for the social touch player. We like to keep it fair and fun.
- Grading: We conduct grading over the first two weeks of the season and regrade throughout the season where appropriate to ensure all team are closely matched.
- No late games: Games are 50 minutes long and start at 6:00, 6:50, and 7:40 (in December and January we start 15 minutes later so 6:15, 7:05, 7:55).
- Heart of Melbourne: PPT is located centrally with great parking and access to public transport.