This content has been archived and may be out of date.B and C grade teams,
I flagged this at Christmas butÂ I thinkÂ some clarificationÂ is in order so everyone know what is happening in B/C grade this week. Unlike other grades (whoÂ have round robin matches this week)Â B/C gradeÂ is being split for the last three weeks of the season into B and C grade and all teams will contest a three week finals series which starts this weekÂ .
To clarifyÂ for B/C gradeÂ games this week the set up is:
- Teams finishing 6-11 in B/C gradeÂ are contesting C grade quarter finals.
- Teams finishing 4th and 5th (Brunswick Barbarians and Can’t touch this) are playing off with the winner contesting B grade finals and the loser playing in the C grade semi finals.
- The games played by teams finishing in positions 1-3 (Northsiders, Pretty Astrid Green, and Pigdon Peeps)Â in B/C gradeÂ during week 15 are practice matchesÂ andÂ will not impact ladder positions for B grade finals.
Next week (in week 16) theÂ B grade semi finals will be Northsiders versus the winner of the 4th and 5th placed playoff and Pretty Astrid Green versus Pigdon Peeps. C grade semi finals will be the winners of this weeksÂ C grade quarter finalsÂ plus the loser of the 4th versus 5th playoff.Â This season B/C grade has beenÂ RPTs largestÂ grade. and this arrangment gives all teams something to play for over the last three weeks of the season and given how even B/C grade I think every team is a realistic chance.
As always teams are reminded:
- Because there is limited daylight and no floodlights thereÂ isÂ no extra time at RPT. InÂ the event of a draw on full timeÂ the higher placed teams are awarded the win in finals matches.
- Those teams missing or losing finals continue to play through to the end of the season (subject to the usual byes), in friendly playoff matches.
Any questions let me know, best of luck guys,Â and hope IÂ to see you at the Great Northern on Wednesday